I was recently invited to experience an Afternoon Tea with Toast&, a baking brand by Doreen Balogun.
Mr WFD and I were welcomed warmly at this pop-up style afternoon tea event and were keen to try all the fabulous treats on offer. I first discovered Toast& at a small business event in the summer organised by The 2Inspire Network. There was an ample supply of sweet treats, sandwiches and tea, lots and lots of tea.
Here’s what was on the menu:
- pistachio and dark chocolate shortbread
- sun-dried tomato and cheddar shortbread
- basil and olive scones served with tomato pesto
- raspberry cream sponge
- blackberry jam Victoria sponge
- salmon and dill sandwiches
- beef, cheddar, red onion chutney and rocket sandwiches
- elderflower, mint and lime fizz
- lemon,earl grey and poppy seed slices
My favourite had to be the basil & olive scones, the savoury treat was delectable. The cakes were of course delightful, in particular the lemon, earl grey and poppy seed slice.
Toast& offers a range of homemade sandwiches, scones toast& more, support a new and growing business and get in touch whenever you next need some baked goodies for your special occasion.